Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Blue cheese sauce that tastes amazing with fillet steak


This blue cheese sauce recipe was given to me by my friend Elaine. It's a very old recipe, and it's so easy. Iain and I went to a restaurant at Katoomba in the Blue mountains a few years ago, and I ordered a fillet steak with blue cheese sauce and potato rosti. It was one of those meals I had never tried before, and it was that amazing sauce that took it to another level. I wanted to replicate it again, because when I got home, I kept dreaming of that dinner. I looked through all my recipe books with no success, so I went next door to Elaine, and she pulled out this very old book whose pages were yellowing with age, it had been an engagement present. There it was, the recipe for blue cheese sauce! I went straight home and made it, and I have to say that it tasted as good as the first one I'd had in the restaurant at Katoomba! The great thing about this sauce is that you don't see the mouldy bits, but you get all that wonderful flavour!


BLUE CHEESE SAUCE

30g butter
1 clove garlic crushed
1 medium onion finely chopped
125g blue cheese crumbled
1tablespoon cornflour 
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon lemon juice


Heat butter in pan, add onion and garlic
Cook, stirring until onion is soft


Add crumbled cheese
Cook stirring till melted


Blend cornflour with the milk, then blend in the cream
Stir the cornflour, milk and cream mixture into the pot with the cheese, onion, garlic and butter
cook, stirring till mixture boils and thickens
Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice

This recipe serves 6 and makes about 2 cups of sauce
I usually freeze the leftovers in small containers and it tastes just as good after reheating in the microwave with a good stir.


Give it a go, its so easy to make and it tastes so good!
If you're doing the 5/2 diet, a little bit won't hurt you.
I always say "Quality not quantity"

No comments:

Post a Comment