Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 September 2013

It's official, after 8 1/2 weeks, I've lost 10kg!


Yes, you got it right... I've lost 10kg after 8 1/2 weeks, and I've done it on my own! Yes, I've had support from my Husband, who gives me lots of encouragement, and doesn't mind eating the new healthier meals I've been introducing him to, and my daughter, who is doing the 2/5 fasting diet in her own way too! It's nice to have people around you that are on a similar journey! I've also had encouragement from a neighbour up the street who has gone walking with me from time to time, there is also another neighbour who encourages me every time I see her taking her dog for a walk, or when she tells me about what she has been doing to regain her health and fitness, what recipes she is trying and what she's found that's helping her.

When I say I've done it on my own, I mean that I haven't paid an organisation or business to help me loose weight. I think this is a major thing for me because in the past, I have lost weight and have gone to one of those organisations, having to pay say $15 a week, or sign up with a credit card and always, there comes a time that you end up weighing up weather you can afford to pay that extra amount of money each week. If you, like me, have trouble spending that money every week on yourself, you end up making the decision to give up, and try to do it on your own, but the momentum slows and before you know it, you are gaining weight again.

Now that I have lost this amount on my own, I have proven to myself that it is possible, without too much trouble, to loose weight and improve my health on my own. This means that I won't have to make a decision in the future, to give up because its costing me too much money! That's a big plus for me!

The app I use (myfitnesspal) is also free, and is so easy to use! It helps you find out how many calories are contained in the food I eat, and you can log every day what you eat. I find it so good to plan what I am going to eat too. I can use what I already have in the fridge, and make up meals with things I already have bought. I can use up leftovers which is something that is also better for the finances. I have found that there is a lot of food wastage with other diets. That's what I've found is what I love about what I'm doing now, I can eat what I like, though there is some self control needed, it is really working for me!

I have to say that in the first two weeks, I lost weight at a faster rate, and as the weeks have passed, there have been ups and downs, the rate of weight loss has slowed, but it has continued to decrease. I am much closer to my first small goal, and I'm feeling good.

I celebrated my milestone yesterday with a visit to the hairdresser, and I bought myself a lovely red top that was on special! There was no coffee and cake involved!



Low Calorie Jelly Treat 


This is 1/2 cup serve of Jelly - 7 calories
with
19g Gippsland Dairy Yoghurt - Plain/Vanilla - 26 calories

Aeroplane Port Wine Lite Jelly
there are lots of other flavours as well

this picture should have had a strawberry on top - 3 calories

what a fabulous dessert, for only 36 calories (including 1 strawberry)


for those of you who have wanted to leave a comment but have been frustrated by this blogger system, I think you'll find that if you register with Google, then when you log into my blog (elizat123.blogspot.com), you sign in to your Google account, and then it will allow you to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

If you come in via the Facebook link, you need to sign in to your Google account to make a comment too. You'll find the sign in link at the very top right of my blog.

regards
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment