Total Pageviews

Friday 4 October 2013

It's my 12th week on the 2/5 diet and so close to losing 12kg!

This week is my 12th week of doing the 2/5 diet my way, and this morning, after fasting on Monday and   wednesday of this week, I'm 100g off losing 12kg!

I decided that I really wanted to have lost 12kg in 12 weeks, so for the first time, I have fasted for a third day today, hoping that will ensure that I succeed this week. I don't plan to do that again any time soon, but it just felt like a goal worth reaching for.

Today, I've been busy recording what I've eaten, so you can see another 500 calorie day's worth of food. I did a bit of experimenting, but that's for another day.

When I woke up this morning, first thing, bathroom, then weigh myself...


Then, I boiled the kettle and made myself a little pot of coffee, put it on a tray with a 30ml jug of skim milk, and my lovely fine bone china cup, so I could have a leisurely cuppa. If you put it in a pot, it seems to stretch out the same ingredients, you just drink a bit more water and I got 3 cups of coffee instead of one mug, and a lot of pleasure from the whole experience of pouring the milk and the coffee into my special cup.

After my cuppa, I got up and got busy, I wanted to have more of a brunch than a breakfast. I pottered in the garden, then did some baking, and before I knew it, it was 11am. Time to cook some breakfast!


Instead of cooking an egg and mushroom separately, I made an omelette. I used less mushroom than I usually would, so that I could have some Parmesan cheese, and instead of spinach, I used grated zucchini, and some fresh herbs from my garden.


Breakfast

1 egg
31g mushroom
33g grated zucchini
1 Tbs Parmesan cheese grated
1 Tbs water
basil leaf, fresh thyme, chives

3 x cherry tomatoes
26g fresh asparagus 

30ml skim milk for coffee (earlier in the day)

Total for Breakfast - 134 calories


Always with a glass of water or two.


Lunch (or really, Afternoon Tea)


100g Apple with skin on, cut into wedges
and maybe a cup of black minted green tea or another glass of water
keep a glass near the sink so when you see it, you can have another one

Total for Lunch - 73 calories


An Easy Dinner


I made this batch of soup the other day, and batched it up into plastic containers, some with 1 cup and some with 2 cups, to freeze. It's so easy to have meals, ready made and in the freezer, labelled with the serving size, and the amount of calories. You don't have to work hard every day!
(I have done a recipe for a similar soup in an earlier post that would work like this one)

Total for Dinner - 259 calories


Dessert


I made up 4 x 1/2 cup serves of this Lite Port Wine Jelly in crystal glasses and they have been so nice to have for Dessert, after dinner. I keep them in a container in the fridge, so easy and just enough!

1/2 cup lite jelly
28g Nestle Ski Divine Vanilla Creme Yoghurt

Total for Dessert - 36 calories


Total for all of Today's food - 502 calories

I hope that when I wake up in the morning and weigh myself, I will have achieved my goal of losing 12kg in 12 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment