Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 October 2013

why not try Brunch instead of Breakfast...

Lately, on my 500 calorie fasting days, I've been trying to put breakfast off for as long as I can, and enjoying the ingredients I would have had for breakfast in a slightly different way!

As you may know by now, I do love to have my morning coffee in a tea party style...


After I've had my cuppa, I try to get a few jobs done around the house to keep me busy for a while. I've been doing a fair bit of gardening, trying to grow a few herbs and salad leaves that I know I'll use, and watering them is a great way to get me out there. I can see what is growing, and what has been eaten by bugs, what flowers are out, and all that. 

I've also started the process of recovering an old Parker Wingback Armchair. I'm quite excited about how great it will look when I get it finished, but it was so well made, that the tacks and staples are taking forever to remove! never mind, it's giving me lots to keep my mind off food!

By around 11.30am, I'm usually starving (good to actually know what that feels like) and I start to get my brunch ready.

Today I made my breakfast ingredients into a kind of Caesar Salad 


This photo looks a bit retro, but I did it to show you the ingredients.

I was able to pick enough green salad and herb leaves from my garden this morning (50g)
rocket, baby spinach, basil and chives


3 x cherry tomatoes
1 free range egg (boiled)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
35g wholemeal bread cut into squares and dry fried/both sides till crunchy
1 tablespoon walden farms calorie free Caesar salad dressing 


always with a glass of water or two

The great thing about doing your fasting day this way, is that you use up the morning getting useful things done, and then you can be rewarded with a lovely salad, and maybe put your feet up for a little while.

I still have 100g snack of carrot and 50g of apple for the afternoon up my sleeve, and before I know it, it will be time to make dinner!

It's 2.31pm, and Ive only had 202 calories so far...

And the exciting thing is that I have lost 12kg, and more could be gone tomorrow!
I'm expecting things to slow down as time goes bye, so I won't be hard on myself if I don't lose 1kg every week, thats a little unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment