Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Diet drinks aren't free...


Today, I got a bit of a shock!

I'm not much of a label reader, usually because the writing on most labels is so small or is printed in gold, and I can't read it without my glasses, which I don't carry with me all the time ( I think they do that on purpose ). I decided to give myself a bit of a treat, as today is a fasting day for me. I thought that I'd buy a bottle of diet lemonade, but unfortunately, there was none left in the supermarket, so I looked around and decided to buy a diet ginger beer. A nice refreshing drink for a lovely Spring evening, and I assumed that it would be free of calories. 

Never make assumptions!



When I brought the bottle home, I scanned it with my trusty myfitnesspal app, and for one 250ml glass of this diet ginger beer, it was 33 calories!

Not free at all! I guess I'll just have to put some iced water into a special glass for my treat tonight,
There'll be no ginger beer for me today, maybe tomorrow if I feel like spending that many calories on a drink.

The moral of this story is...always read the label, and don't just assume like I did that sprite zero, or coke zero or anything labeled diet, in the drink isle, is free of calories.

If you've had much to do with weight watchers, the words "points free" is bandied around a lot, and if you are actually trying to count calories, there is very little that is actually calorie free. Even herbs have a calorie count! It's something to think about, and to watch out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment