Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 August 2013

My very first attempt at Blogging, here goes...

Today is a big day! This is my first attempt at blogging.

I was chatting with my sister about what I've been up to lately, and she told me that I have to share with you, what I'm doing, and how I'm doing it!

I'm not an expert, nor am I a dietitian, but with the help of an app called Myfitnesspal, my digital scales, and a lot of research, I've worked out a few things that might inspire you to get into the mind set that you need to change the way you eat!

I have been on this 2/5 fasting journey for 4 weeks now, and I've already lost 4 kg. I'm hoping that this blog will keep me honest and busy at the same time, and maybe, if you can see how simple it is, you will be inspired to join me!

I should introduce myself,
I'm Liz Taylor, and I am currently overweight.
I have done weight watchers before and lost 16kg, but I always have trouble keeping the weight off, and soon enough, it creeps back on, and next thing you know, you are the next size up!
This is not good for your self esteem!

I need to be allowed to eat anything I like, as long as its not too much.
I am not a natural exerciser, I like walking, but I need to be coaxed to do it!
This 2/5 fasting diet can work for me!

Today is my 500 calorie fasting day, so this picture is what I had for breakfast! There's nothing shabby about that! I poached an egg, cut up one field mushroom and fried it using a tiny spray of olive oil, a tiny tomato cut in half, and a few salad leaves. Basil would be even better, but I didn't have any this morning. The plate is important! You need to feel special, so put your food on a special plate, and next time you have this dinner, try a new plate, it makes the meal seem a little different, and somehow interesting. Make it please you!

I had my breakfast with a mug of instant coffee, no sugar, and 30ml of skim milk. If you like sugar, it's better for you to give it up, or drink green tea! Too many calories! If you like black coffee, or black tea, you're laughing, and you can add 2 more tiny tomatoes to your breakfast!



Breakfast on a fasting day 
1 poached egg
I fried field mushroom with a small spray of olive oil
1 tiny tomato
A few salad leaves
30ml of skim milk in instant coffee

2 comments:

  1. I'll be starting another water fast soon. I can keep you company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gil, you have given me my first comment, how exciting, thanks so much! I'm not all that sure if I can keep this up, it's very time consuming, but I'm giving it a go, and I'm learning along the way. Good luck with your water fast, sounds hard!

    ReplyDelete