Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 September 2013

Week 8 - my 2 fasting days for this week are over, but I'm trying to be good



Today I'm sticking to 1200 calories. I'm wanting to stick to real food that I love to eat, but I want to keep control of my portion sizes! That's one of the things that I have trouble with.
I find that I need to weigh most things and having my digital scales out on the bench is great.

This morning, I had my favourite breakfast again.

1/2 banana
100g Greek yoghurt not sweetened
2 flat tablespoons of my Granola sprinkled over the top
30ml skim milk for coffee

This time, I made a small pot of coffee and put the milk in a little glass jug. I used a pretty fine bone china tea cup, and it was so much nicer. I used the same amount of coffee that I would normally use in a mug, but it seemed to go further in the pot. I enjoyed nearly 3 cups of coffee even though I had used the same amount of milk and coffee I would have used in a mug on other days. Maybe it was weaker, but it felt special and I took my time enjoying the process of sprinkling the granola, and pouring the milk and the coffee into my special tea cup. This doesn't feel like a diet

271 calories 




Now for lunch

This was 2 cups of my new soup - 198 calories
A large glass of water


This recipe makes 17 cup serves and each serve is 99 calories
You could have 1 cup and then add other vegetables to make it a bit different but make sure you add the calories that you use for the extra veg.
It's a broth type soup with much less fat to remove than my other soup recipe
It's very easy to make and stores well in the freezer.

Bacon and Italian bean mix soup

300g short cut bacon fat removed and then weighed, diced
150g red onion diced (1 medium onion)
130g or 1 cup diced celery 
140g or 1 cup diced carrot
123g or 1 cup diced parsnip
4 ltr water
Pepper (no salt - salt makes the beans go hard)
Italian style soup mix 375g (McKenzie's)
You could also add some chilli powder if you like hot spice

Put all the ingredients into a 6ltr slow cooker
Cook on low overnight or 6 - 8 hours

If you like your soup a bit saltier, add it after the beans are soft
I love the way the beans go creamy in this soup, I think that's my favourite thing about it!
It also makes a great base, as I said before, you can change it up and fill it out, depending on how many calories you have to spend!

It's a very practical way to keep something nutritious with a good sustaining hit of protein up your sleeve for when you feel hungry and can't think of what to have or make.


for Afternoon Tea
I had a lovely refreshing berry drink made in the blender - 87 calories


Ingredients:
32g Weis Sorbet summer berries
120ml Emma &Tom's Quencher With Benefits - Cloudy Apple Juice
45g frozen 4 Berry Mix (Mccain season's choice)
250ml Diet Lemonade
a few ice blocks

use blender to make this very refreshing drink


My Dinner
Greek Lamb and Feta Salad with Roast Sweet Potato - 366 calories


Ingredients:

100g Lamb strips (no visible fat)
50g green salad leaves 
50g roast sweet potato
2x cherry tomatoes
20g greek feta cheese
50g snow peas
28g raw radish
20ml Balsamic Honey Mustard dressing (coles simply less)
80g lebanese cucumber

slice and dice as you like,
fry the lamb strips in a non stick pan with a tiny spray of oil
heat the roast sweet potato
 (I do a whole tray of pumpkin, sweet potato, garlic when I'm using my oven for something else)
 then toss together

enjoy with another glass of water!


what I loved about this dinner is that I used 20g of Feta cheese. Last night I was fasting and could only afford 10g.  I could really taste the difference with that bit extra!
I also love the taste of the lamb strips with the creamy roasted sweet potato!


I still had enough calories for Dessert!

Healthy Brownie with my Favourite Coffee Ice Cream
(the strawberry was saved from the berry drink on the side of the glass)


Healthy Brownie - 120 calories
69g Coffee Creme (Ice Cream) Prestige - 141 calories
strawberry - 3 calories

264 calories for the whole dessert


For this whole days worth of food, I haven't even gone over my limit!  Today added up to 1,186 calories, so I have 14 calories left. I also used up lots of salad things from the fridge, and I've frozen batches of soup and Healthy Brownies for another day! I feel very full right now and I even got a little gardening done. (I also broke the attachment to the tap for the hose, so I'll need to fix that before Summer sets in)

The Healthy Brownie recipe will follow (thats for another day, I think)

I look forward to your comments, hoping some new readers will send me some responses
share and pass it on if you like, I hope I'm helping encourage someone out there to start, or keep going
regards
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment