Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2013

Trying not to lose heart...

This week seems to be one of those weeks where I've  had lots on, I got busy and didn't always have time to make firm plans about food... Thus, I've tended to lose heart and succumb to the things I shouldn't be eating, or letting myself eat the things I feel like. That hasn't been the best plan.

As a result, I've had a few ups and downs with my weight. I'd put on 300g and then with fasting on 2 days, I went back to the same weight I was before, then I lost 300g but I've put that back on again, so I'm going up and down but over all, staying the same!

I think that if you deprive yourself for too long, you will inevitably have a binge of all the stuff you feel like you've missed out on. In some ways, I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, because you can surprise your body by eating a bit of bad stuff, and if you get straight back on and do the right thing, your body says to itself, ok, looks like I'm not starving after all, so you can afford to lose a bit more weight. I'm in favour of having a treat every so often. It help to make you feel like you're not deprived of the foods you love, and it gives your metabolism a surprise.

As I said in my earlier posts, I'm not an expert, but I have done a bit of research, and this is just what I've been thinking. It's my take on the 2/5 fasting diet.

Today, I was talking with my husband, trying to explain what I'm feeling, and I came up with the idea that being good and being bad, in food talk, isn't really what I'm on about. Even though that is often how I describe what I do and how I feel about food. What I am really trying to do is to take control of what I want to eat. I don't want to feel as though the urge to eat is because I've lost control. I want to eat when I'm actually hungry, I want to be in control of me! I'm sure that when people are trying to give up smoking, they want to be in control of themselves. They don't want their urge to have another cigarette take over! That's how I feel about food, I want my self control to win, not the smell of KFC or the taste of chocolate. I'm not saying I won't be eating the occasional sweet treat, but I want to be in control when I do!

Today, I've been busy crafting and shopping, I've made my own meals and stuck to today's plan, and I'm feeling hopeful that tomorrow I'll be a little lighter. It doesn't matter if I'm not, because I am winning the self control battle, and that makes me feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment