Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 September 2013

Excuse me while I have a little talk to myself



You may be wondering why I haven't posted anything for the past couple of days! Well, as all good plans go...they, at some point go pear shaped! The point when this happens can change everything!

This is the point when a little positive self talk can make the world of difference and get you back on track!

Let me tell you what has been happening with me over the last couple of days. It all started on the day I made the cheesy cauliflower and Leek soup. I was wanting to find a different option for lunch on a 500 calorie fasting day, for those people who don't think that carrot and apple would work for them. I had this thought that the soup would be nice, but I wouldn't be able to have anything for afternoon tea. That afternoon, I felt so tired and weak, I ended up having a sleep and then made something for dinner and then felt tired enough to sleep again. I don't know if I was just sleep deprived, and needed a catch up, or my thoughts and fears took over and made me so lethargic, the whole point is, that it caught me up and made me doubt myself a bit, and next thing I was letting myself eat too much of things I knew would show up on the scales.

Within a day, I had gained 300g, and then another 100g the following day! I knew I had to talk about this subject here with you, but it's not really a subject I wanted to talk about.

Yesterday, I had that little talk to myself. It was important to nip the problem in the bud, and tell myself that I can get back and stick with the plan. I worked on sticking to 1200 calories yesterday, and I ate things I love to eat. It was Fathers Day yesterday, and I even worked out how I could give my husband surf and turf for dinner ( he loves prawns ). I drank lots of water and made a big pot of tea with orange slices and a teaspoon of Agave Nectar in it. That helped me to drink more. I made another batch of my chicken and vegetable soup, and all of it was so enjoyable to eat.

This morning, when I weighed myself, I have lost the 400g and some more. It was really just a hiccup , but I did need to tell myself what I had to do and how I was going to do it. Self pep talks can change things for the better! You should give it a go! Make sure you always end on a positive note!

I also need to tell you that I had the other serving of the Cauliflower soup on Friday, while I was working at our local Craft Cottage. I found that it was still delicious and I didn't get tired or sleepy. My thoughts and doubts about how sustaining it would be, had made the difference the first time I had it, and the second time, I was so busy, I didn't have time to think about being tired! Your thoughts can be so powerful and can physically change what happens in your body. It's so important to remember this, and make sure you are thinking positively!

Happy Spring, (or Fall) everyone! A lovely change of seasons!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment