Total Pageviews

Friday 30 August 2013

No pictures, just my good reasons for sticking to the plan



There are many good reasons for me to lose weight and eat in a more healthy way, I've known them in my head for a long time, but to get to the point where I am ready to make this change happen, and to be prepared to continue this for the rest of my life, takes a lot of determination and self control. (Where food is concerned, this has not been one of my strong points!)

I need some very good reasons to be able to sustain this resolution!

I'd like to reduce my blood pressure and eventually not have to take medication for high blood pressure

I'd like to reduce my bad cholesterol levels, and improve my good cholesterol so that eventually I can stop taking medication for that problem

I'd like to have less weight to carry around so that my feet, knees and hips aren't worn out by the time I'm 60

I'd like my fingers to shrink so my rings fit me again

I've heard that obesity is linked to dementure, and I want to do everything I can to avoid this in my old age ( I think that could be my most influential reason for sticking to the plan)



Already, I have discovered that there are many benefits to the changes that I have made so far!

Our garbage bin is now less full on garbage collection day, because we are eating less food, and I'm buying what I call "real food" or fresh food, and I'm using up left overs, not wasting as much food as I used to. That's great for our pocket and better for the planet!

My self esteem has improved greatly! I think that from the day I made the decision to change, something changed in me, and I saw myself in a different way. I know I can do it, and I know I can stick to it, if I do it my way, and I'm quite proud of myself now for what I've achieved so far. I'm very glad to be doing what I knew I should have been doing for a long time.

I'm still wearing the same size clothes (actually, the same clothes) as I was 7 weeks ago, but I feel better in them.

We use less toilet paper! This seems like a funny thing to mention, but I want to make this blog honest, and talk about real stuff, and that is one more benefit, I don't feel the need to use the loo as often as I used to. Less in...less out!

I'm sure I could think of lots more things I could put on this list, and if I could say that I had encouraged, and enabled one person to do what I'm doing, then that would be the best reason for me!

This blog is partly to keep me honest, and mostly to inspire other people like me who have had trouble in the past with losing weight, to see that it is possible to improve your health and lose weight, and in the mean time, gain so much more out of life!

Stay strong and know that you can do it!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment