Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 August 2013

A sunny soup day - feeling great after this 500 calorie fasting day!

Today was another 500 calorie day. We had a treat last night and went out for Thai food
so I'm going to try to change my 500 calories up a bit.

Breakfast

1 egg
1 field mushroom
1 cherry tomato and
5 baby spinach leaves with
30ml skim milk for tea or coffee
(no sugar)


this time, I used another plate,
I left the mushroom whole and used a little baby spinach for a change.

I've spent most of the day out in the garden
getting rid of weeds and grass in the garden beds!
The garden is a great place to feel the sunshine, get some exercise,
and just lift your mood and outlook on life!

Take it bit by bit, and before you know it, you'll have a lovely garden.
My violets are going crazy at the moment,
the more you pick, the more they bloom!


Lunch

My chicken and corn soup - 1 cup serving
1/2 small apple
50g baby carrots or carrot sticks
water and a cup of green minted tea


This lunch was just enough, and as usual,  I saved the carrot till 4pm, when I know I feel like a snack
I sat on the front veranda, in the sunshine and had a cup of my weak green minted tea and it was just what I needed.


The recipe for the chicken soup will be my next blog project, so keep watching, its delicious!





Dinner

Italian style pea and ham soup - 2 cup serve
1/2 small apple and
1 strawberry
Always with a glass of water
( if you use a beautiful glass, water always tastes better )


This soup was very filling and tasted delicious too! 
the beans were creamy and the ham and vegetables gave you something to chew.
the apple and strawberry were just enough
and I actually feel full!

It's been a great day, and I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight.

The Italian style pea and ham soup recipe will follow
it needs to be made either in the morning or the night before in the slow cooker, and you'll have lots to freeze for another day!

Todays food worked out to be 500 calories!

2 comments:

  1. looking good Lib...keep it comming! xj

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jo, its so nice to get comments and feedback!
    I'm going to try to get both the soup recipes posted today.
    still figuring things out!

    ReplyDelete