Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 August 2013

weight update - What I'm doing is working!



I'm sure you'll all be interested, and excited for me to know that this morning when I weighed myself,

I have now lost 7.2kg!!!      (This is my all time happy photo, I don't know how much I weighed at the time, but I remember this day as one of the funniest, and laughter filled days I can remember!)

Its been nearly 5 weeks since I started this plan, and the only day that was hard was the first day. I got a headache from drastically reducing my coffee intake, and because I chose the wrong food for breakfast (a tiny bowl of stewed apple and rhubarb, with a couple of teaspoons of greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of my granola), it just wasn't enough and I was shaking and felt dreadful! The thing that got me through was that I didn't have to do it the next day!

After that first day, I decided to do some research, and found that a good breakfast with protein and flavour will get you through most of the day, so on my second fasting day, I was armed with the right information, and I had an egg, a flat mushroom and a cup of coffee and lots of water, and that made all the difference. I didn't get a headache and I had no shaking or weakness problems.

I'm finding that what I'm doing hasn't been boring, and I still get to have a little bit of all the things I love!

I haven't told you what I try to do on the other 5 days of the week.
Firstly, my rule is that there are no real rules on the other 5 days, but because I'm doing this mainly for my health and my mind space (self esteem), I have set myself a goal to try and stick to 1200 calories for 3 of the 5 non fasting days, and the other 2 days are absolutely free to eat double that if I feel like it!
This gives me enough freedom to say to myself that I can go out to the local Indian restaurant and have 1/2 a cheese Naan bread, with 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of Butter Chicken! I'm also a fan of the Almond croissant from the Gumnut Patissery in Bowral! I let myself have 1/4 of one last time I was there. It was so nice, but I never thought I would hear myself say that 1/4 was enough, but it was!

I plan to post some 1200 calorie days, so you can see the amazing things that you can fit into that many calories.

My daughter has been buying Light n Easy, which is based on limiting your intake to 1200 calories, so it's been my little challenge to do the same, for 3 to 5 days of the week, without paying out all that money. I'm finding it quite easy, and definitely doable!

I've set myself goals that are short term, and achievable. Firstly, I want to get down to the weight I was when my daughter got married a couple of years ago. That's about 14kg! After I've achieved that goal, I'll set another small goal. If I was to be the weight that is healthy for me, I would need to loose around 40kg, and that's too much for my brain to get around, so I'm taking it step by step, and that way, it doesn't seem so hard to me, and I can celebrate along the way, as I achieve my next goal!


Take time to smell the flowers, pat your pets and remember the good times,
and try to laugh whenever you get the chance!
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Lib...congratulations on the weight loss...you're an inspiration, love Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, it really is exciting and I just love the way you've been encouraging me! Thanks so much!
    I'd also love to let everyone know that Jo is the person that took the great, happy photo of me! I love it!
    She has an amazing blog
    jorosenblum.blogspot.com
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete