Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 August 2013

Weight update - It's all good news


I've just come back from visiting the local doctor. I'm not a big fan of blood tests, especially if they are to tell me that my bad cholesterol levels are way too high and my good cholesterol levels are not great either, so when I tell you that I've been to have a blood test to see basically what my levels are, and what can be improved on, I think that you should probably think I'm brave! Well, anyway, I decided I should get it over and done with, so that I can say with some solid information behind me, that this healthy eating lifestyle that I've started is doing something good for my health, not just my double chin!

As of today, I weigh 8kg less than I did 6 weeks ago when I started!

The Doctor was happy with all my results, but I am presently taking tablets for blood pressure and cholesterol management. He will be checking my progress, and I'm secretly hoping that in the future some time, I might be able to go off both those tablets! That will be another challenge, and a great reason to keep going!

My goal of losing 14kg first was mentioned too, and I haven't told the doctor that that is what I had set myself already! I took this as a good sign, it means that my idea of smaller, manageable goal setting is the best way to go. I also just realised, that I am half way to achieving that first goal! That's exciting!

I would love to have a picture of me here, with a thinner face, which can be noticed by other people, not just me. I'll have to make a concerted effort to get someone to help me with that.

Another thing I should mention, I've heard people say that around 7 kg is about one size, so if that is the case, I should be wearing a size smaller! This is a notion that has tripped me up in the past, and made me think that it's not worth continuing! When my daughter got married a few years ago, I searched high and low for the perfect " Mother of the Bride" outfit, it had to be "me". I had lost a fair bit of weight, and if I was thinking along the lines of 7kg representing one size jump, I thought that I should fit a size 14! Well, how disappointed I was when the dream outfit that was me all over and had all the qualities that I wanted my special dress to have, except the size tag!!! It said "size 20"!!!
How do you come to terms with that?
I did buy the outfit, and cut the tag out, but the damage to my mind had been done! I was now a size 20, even though I should have only been a size 14! I think some of you have probably experienced this, and have a good idea of what it does to your resolve. After the wedding, I put the dress away and I still am too nervous to try it on again. Not yet! Maybe when I get down to my first goal weight, I might have a photo taken of me wearing that dress, and I'll share it with you. Then you'll all know what a milestone I have actually achieved!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, I'm doing a 500 calorie day, and I'd better get on with things.
Keeping busy helps you get through, and before you realise it, you've made it through another day and its been great!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment