Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 August 2013

fasting and feeling blue - another 500 calorie day and I'm feeling sad

Today, I woke up to a phone call from my Dad, telling me that my Uncle had passed away earlier this morning.  How do I cope with this sadness, while I know I need to do my first fasting day for this week?  I had already put it off yesterday because a friend was coming over for afternoon tea, and I wanted to make it healthy but special! I would just have to do my best and stay busy and strong...

So today I have photographed all my meals on my lovely blue willow pattern crockery in honour of my Uncle John, who always called me "Blue", because I had red hair, and also because I'm feeling a little blue today


my breakfast for today was 124 calories

1 egg
1 cherry tomato
1 field mushroom
a sprig of parsley
and 30ml of skim milk for tea or coffee


I made a baking paper case by folding a square of baking paper over the bottom of a wide flat glass
this enabled me to cook the egg in the same pan as the mushroom without using oil
the shortest spray of olive oil is all that is needed for the mushrooms

dont forget to drink plenty of water
and minted green tea without sugar is free of calories too!



today's lunch - 107 calories

1 large carrot
1 small to medium apple
and a pot of Jasmine tea black, without sugar

yes, I know it looks the same as the last time
but look what a difference it makes when you use another plate!
make it as special as you can, use your best tea cup and pot
you can also try steaming your carrot so it's not so hard if you have trouble chewing raw carrot


I saved half the apple for a sweet snack later
and the rest of the carrot sticks for when I get the afternoon nibbles



Tonights Dinner and a little Dessert - 268 calories


100g raw minute steak, cut into strips and dry fried at the last minute
3 fresh cherry tomatoes
10g greek feta, pad oil away with kitchen paper
30g Honey Dijon dressing (Walden Farms)
50g fresh snow peas, sliced
80g lebanese cucumber
50g green salad leaves
50g sweet potato (roasted in skin) 
(I used some leftover sweet potato from one of my non fasting days)


the dessert consists of 2 strawberries, cut in half
and 10g vanilla yoghurt (about a teaspoon)
water, and another pot of tea

I added a single violet flower, and a flat leaf parsley frond, just to make it look special!

I have to say that the roast sweet potato in this dinner is delicious! It really pops in your mouth when you get a piece. The dressing is well worth searching for, it has no calories for the 30g serving, and it tastes great! 

All in all, its been a hard day, mostly because of our loss, but by keeping busy, photographing and styling all my food today gave me a purpose, and that is what helped me not to feel like eating chocolate! My meals today were so yummy, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be!
Another 500 calorie day success and only one more to go this week!

I'm encouraging you to give it a go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment