Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 August 2013

Less is more - one cup is enough!


This was my lunch yesterday
It was made up of 1 cup of beef and vegetable stew
And 1 cheese roll from Woolworths

Approx. 315 calories


What I really want to say about this meal is that in the past, I would have given myself at least double that serving! One cup just wouldn't have been enough in my mind.
I would get caught up in the childish mind games of thinking that someone else has more than me!
I think you probably know what I'm talking about.
The great thing about this way of eating, that I am doing now is that I'm thinking about how I feel after a meal, there is room for me to actually feel hungry! In the past, I rarely felt the feeling of hunger, because I was too busy eating something, or rather, I just didn't let myself get hungry.

After enjoying every bit of this lunch, the chunks of beef and the tasty gravy, the different vegetables and the extra boost of flavour that the torn basil leaf imparted and last of all, the warm cheesy bun, torn in half and dipped into the gravy! I felt satisfied, I felt full! 

As the afternoon progressed, I didn't need a top up, this lovely lunch was just enough for me!

Note to self - try eating half what you would normally eat, and see if that is enough
- don't get caught up in mind games about who has more
- don't eat for the sake of eating - listen to your body
- enjoy the things you choose to eat!

2 comments:

  1. It's the French philosophy of eating darling xxxj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to constantly remind myself of this! It's a good philosophy!

    ReplyDelete